1. When he introduces you to friends
and family, his brief description of who
you are makes you blush because he
tends to exaggerate your talents and/or
greatest personality traits.
2. It turns him on to see you express a
strong opinion, whether you’re chatting
with people you’ve just met or with
longtime friends at a group dinner.
You’ll probably catch him out of the
corner of your eye, sitting back and
smiling, as he watches you gesture like
crazy to establish your point.
3. He defers to you on subjects you know
more about and asks thoughtful
questions about these topics because he
genuinely enjoys learning from you.
4. If he’s the expert in a given area, he’s
not pompous about it. If anything, he
takes great pride in sharing his
knowledge and/or instructing you in
5. He thinks it’s endearing—and not a
sign of weakness—when you fuck up or
struggle a little bit with something.
6. He considers it an accomplishment
when he proves you wrong about
something because in his mind you’re
right 75 percent of the time or so,
whether or not you actually are.
7. He pushes you, sometimes beyond
your comfort zone, to pursue your
dreams and ambitions—because he
believes in you that much.
8. He’s always as interested in making
you orgasm as he is in getting himself
9. He has sexual goals focused on your
pleasure, like getting you to climax
multiple times, or trying out a new
position he’s researched that supposedly
feels great for women.
10. He gets a little jealous when you
refer to other guys in your life whom
you respect and interact with regularly
—not because he doesn’t trust you, but
because he understands your market
value and he’s always a little bit afraid
to lose you.
11. On the rare occasion he doesn’t like
something you’re wearing, he manages
to tell you without being offensive. In
fact, he’ll package an outfit critique as a
compliment, such as: “That dress doesn’t
do your hot body justice.”
12. He’s not afraid of superlatives when
complimenting you. You are “the most
beautiful woman,” “the most perfect fit”
for him, and “the smartest person” he’s
ever been with.
13. Once in a while, he also says
something grandiose like “you are
everything to me,” or “you are my
14. After a while, he might even tack a
quasi-embarrassing hashtag onto a
social media post that’s a not-so-subtle
ode to your relationship, like #myworld
15. He’d rather study or do mundane
chores with you rather than let you do
these things alone, no matter how dull
or unappealing the task.
16. He wants to know your opinion
about everything: wardrobe, politics,
current events, career moves, the merits
of a stupid celebratory rumor, etc.
17. He’s not afraid to express his
opinions, even when they differ from
yours, because he knows you thrive
during a healthy debate.
18. And while he wants to be heard, he
never expects you to change your mind
—unless that happens organically, in
which case he’ll feel super satisfied
because he truly values your mind.
19. He forwards you articles he knows
you’ll find interesting—about things he
never would have read before you
20. He is your number one fan and he
considers you his.
21. When you’re stressed out or upset,
your down mood triggers a desire in
him to be a better partner and to do his
best to help you through the difficult
stuff, although he recognizes that your
problems don’t hinge on him alone.
22. If you get nasty or say something
extreme in the midst of a fight, he
doesn’t let it impact his view of you
because he knows he’s equally capable
of saying something stupid in the heat
of the moment.
23. When he hurts you, he takes your
pain seriously and makes a heartfelt
commitment to be more mindful of your
feelings moving forward.
24. He leans on you when he’s sick,
exhausted, sad, or in need of extra love
and attention just because.
25. He’s committed to dividing your free
time as a couple between your friend
groups and he makes an effort to
integrate the two whenever it makes
26. He goes out of his way to invite you
to social events and work related
gatherings, even if he knows he’ll be the
only guy with a “plus one.”
27. If he does head somewhere without
you, he’ll text saying that he wishes you
were there—not just to flatter you, but
because he really does have more fun
when you’re around. Chances are, he’ll
come home earlier than he would if you
were with him.
by: Malanie Berlit