THE festive season is over and most of us made several amazing hairstyles over the season and have to take them out. This might have led to hair breakage, loss, brittleness and weakness and you might be wondering how to restore your hair naturally without going for the big cut. Don’t worry as help is here as we are going to discuss how to love your hair with coconut milk, which is cheap and readily available.
Coconut Milk is not the same as Coconut water please. It is extracted from mature coconuts and is used in many dishes as an alternate to regular milk. There are various kinds of coconut milk available all over the world, depending on the thickness. It is primarily rich in Vitamins and is known to have some great benefits for one’s hair.
Listed here are some of the benefits of Coconut Milk for your hair:
(1) It detangles the hair: When applied for at least a couple of hours with the help of cotton wool, Coconut Milk naturally detangles the hair and makes it smoother and easier to manage. It is a good treatment to indulge in once a week, especially if you expose your hair often.
(2) It promotes hair growth: Coconut Milk consists of essential fats and Vitamin E that boosts hair growth and helps you get luscious and pretty strands. You can mix it with Olive Oil or Castor Oil and massage it on your hair and scalp for a deep conditioning treatment that also helps in reducing baldness.
(3) Treats dry and flaky scalps: Dry and flaky scalp not only cause dandruff, but can also damage your hair irreparably. Coconut Milk has a moisturizing effect with its fats and it helps to improve the scalp condition.
(4) Repairs damaged hair: Exposure to sun and pollution causes the hair and scalp to get damaged. Coconut Milk replenishes your hair and scalp quite effectively by providing the right amount of nutrition and nourishment. Your hair gets extra protein and becomes stronger and longer.
(5) Makes hair shiny: With regular application of Coconut Milk on your hair, you will find it becoming smoother and extra shiny. You can even add honey for better effect. Apply the mix for a couple of hours at least twice a week, and you will notice visible results. Shampoo as usual, and make sure that you condition well after that.
(6) Prevents premature greying: If you are suffering from premature greying of hair, take equal quantities of coconut milk and amla oil or honey and mix them well. Keep this aside for an hour. Now apply this on your hair and scalp and wait for 1 hour. After one hour you may wash your hair with warm water.
You read it here first; coconut milk is a miracle worker for your health, hair and skin. Include it in your diet, as well as your beauty regimen and see wonderful changes. It is uber healthy, and is known to have great benefits such as lowering cholesterol and aids in weight loss.
By; Tobi Awodipe