HOW ABOUT A COURSE IN CONDUCTING?
Yes, how about that, like ‘BUS CONDUCTING’?
You can hardly find buses at Ilorin but whenever I am in Lagos there is always enough to enter, except on special occasions when I do Uber or Taxifi. I find it quite interesting observing this ‘human transporters’ called “Bus Conductors”. What they do, how they do it and what they go through got me thinking, I also realise there is a chance it turns white collar job.
Studying a bit deeper, I figured there is job entry here only if it well packaged. I also feel “Bus Conducting” should be considered in the courses we study in Universities or Vocational centers. Fellow youths here are my reasons why you should take a course in CONDUCTING.
5 Reasons Why You Should Become A Bus Conductor
The reasons why you should become a Bus Conductor is quite simple but maybe you haven’t thought of it, well fine I will help you.
1. You get to meet diverse people: Being a bus conductor is quite fun, unlike news reportage where your story goes to a large heterogeneous people, the people come to you so you get t access them, know how they think, how they react to things (especially pressure – try men on suit during rush hour) and so on. As an educated conductor you can easily carry out live survey and defend topics relating to “people and transportation” better than students on campus and even the government.
2. You can Colonize the commuters: Two ways – you will become one of the most useful tools for the government or politicians in sensitizing the people. Because you are always with people you can be sure of reaching more people easily without feeling awkward or trying to introduce yourself, you can even do it better than bus marketers, perhaps. Moreso, its your bus. People will easily listen to you because you wont be boring them with product usage but knowledge, and the will listen to you because you are not common.
3. You get to know places: Ow! This is the fun part of it. Have you ever being on a bus where you encounter a long traffic then you here the conductor directing the driver to take an alternative route. As a conductor it is your duty to make life easy for both the driver and passenger, in this case you get to mark many road, busstops, streets, junctions and so on. In fact, conductors are smarter then google maps, they are next to Okada Riders.
4. You get to practice public speaking: Conducting is not just about calling places, its also about exchange of words with both low and intellectual people and to do this effectively you have to be better or smart at least. Public speaking is all about managing people’s though and sharing your own views to their general understanding, so yes, you got the job.
5. You get to practice Patience: Finally, this will seem a long term goal but this is the best part of it. That ability to resist “Your Mama Dey Craze” as a big achievement. Lol!
Now will you like to take a course in Conducting? This job is fresh o!