Again, Nollywood has lost one of her
founding members Bukky Ajayi on
Wednesday, July 6, at her residence in
Late Nollywood actress Bukky Ajayi
Late Bukky Ajayi has been ill for a while now
which has resulted her to being on wheel
chair till she gave up the ghost.
Here are 10 amazing things you did not
know about the late Nollywood actress.
1. She studied in England. She was abroad
for six years, as a Federal government
2. She left England and came back to Nigeria
after her education in 1965 and started out
working in Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) as a presentation assistant in 1966.
3. She was born a Christian but converted
to Islam in the early eighties and chose the
4. Her love for the theatre started as a
young girl when her father used to take her
to the cinemas.
5. She’s Jazzman Olofin’s grandmother-In-
6. She presented a couple of children’s
programmes and Nigerian’s Sketches, a
programme which was all about Nigerian
culture, and Diran Ajijedidun of blessed
memory was her producer.
7. She was later transferred to Port
Harcourt and later back to Lagos, and it was at that time she started her acting career.
8. She started with the Village Headmaster
in the 70s, and she later got a role in Amaka
9. One of her sons is Abounce (Olakunle
Fawole), a veteran rapper. Abounce is one
the founding fathers of the Nigerian Hip Hop culture. He is also a music producer and actor (a trait he got from his legendary
mother, the sensational screen goddess
10. When she was a very young girl, her
interest for acting was so much that she
used to do a cardboard sort of cinema for
children, and used to charge them half a
penny to come and watch.